The Maze Runner | Review

Title: The Maze Runner



Series: The Maze Runner #1

Author: James Dashner
Pages: 375 pages
Version: Paperback
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Rating: ★★★★★


Review
Remember. Survive. Run.

After reading the first sentence I knew I would fall in love with this book.

James Dashner has a beautiful way of writing and I love how he describes everything so well. One of the main reasons I fell in love with this book is Dashner's writing. It immediately got me hooked.
The story itself is also AMAZING. Wow... I don't know where to start. I began reading this book with some expectations because it's turned into a movie and I read good reviews. And to be honest, this book blew me away. It was way better than I expected. I read and read and I thought it couldn't get more interesting, even in the beginning of this book I was surprised/shocked with some things. I think this book has a great story, beautiful characters and it keeps you at the end of your seat.

I think this book is one of my favourite books at the moment. I highly recommend it to those who hasn't read The Maze Runner yet! I cannot wait to read the sequel and I'm really excited to watch the movie!

Some beautiful quotes:
"If you ain't scared, you ain't human."
-page 9.
"Emptiness ate away at his insides, quickly replaced by a sadness that hurt his heart."
-page 11
"Thomas felt an icy terror blossom in his chest, expand like a tumor, making it hard to breathe."
-page 39
"It wasn't a smile, exactly. Not quite a happy expression. But almost. And for now, almost was good enough."
-page 372