Opposite books | Tag

Are you guys excited for another tag? Here we go!

1. First book in your collection/Last book you bought.
The first book in my collection is really hard to tell. Even when I was a child I had books, so it's hard to tell which book I got first. So I have a solution: the first book on my own bookshelves! And that book is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. And the last books I bought (I'm saying books because I bought them at the same time) are the first two graphic novels of the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu.


2. A cheap book/An expensive book.
The cheapest books I own are the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter. I bought book 1, 2 and 3 for I think €3.99 each, and it wasn't second-hand. And the most expensive book I've ever bought must be Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer when it was just released in Belgium.I think it was between €20-25.

3. A book with a male protagonist/One with a female protagonist.
 I don't own many books with a male protagonist. Most of my books are with a female protagonist or a double perspective. One of my favourite books with a male protagonist is The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa. You get to know more about Ash and I love him. It was an emotional read! And for the female protagonist I'll pick a book that I really love (but don't own a copy of): Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. Juliette is such a strong character and I love her.


4. A book you read fast/One that took you long to read.
Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout was such a fast read. I read my edition (800 pages) in two days. I loved it so much and I couldn't stop reading. I never got tired of it and I had to read it. Every time I finished a chapter, I just began reading the next one. The book that took me so long to read, is called Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. It was a book for school and everyone knows how horrible they are...

5. Pretty cover/Ugly cover.
One of the prettiest covers I own must be The Heir by Kiera Cass. I love the grey dress and the sparkles. It's the prettiest cover of the series. Unfortuneatly I own some ugly covers and I can tell for sure that Effi Briest by Theodore Fontane is one of the ugliest covers I own.

6. A national book/An international book.
I don't read many national books because most of the time they suck and are written for an older public. And even then, I read more Dutch authors for school than Belgian authors. I had to look really far in my read-list to find a Belgian author. The book's called Het is liefde die we niet begrijpen (in English: It's love that we don't understand) by Bart Moeyaert. And of course I've read several international books so I'll pick the last book I've read: The Goddess Inheritance  by Aimee Carter.

7. A thin book/A thick book.
The thinnest book I own is The Maze Runner Files by James Dashner. It's only 56 pages. The thickest book I own is the Dutch 3-in-1 edition of The Wolves of Mercy Falls, which is 1056 pages.

8. Fiction book/Non-fiction book.
I rarely read non-fiction books. For the fiction book I'm going to pick a random book from my shelves: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's one of the books that really got me into reading. For the non-fiction book, I'll have to search harder... -later- I couldn't find one that I haven't mentioned yet. Too bad :)

9. Very (way too) romantic book/Action book.
A very romantic book I read recently (and loved) is It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover. Colleen Hoover is an amazing author and I love all her books that I've read so far. She can write these romantic books with something special. There's always something that gives the book that extra thing. I don't read many action books, so this is hard. I think I'm going to pick Ashes of Midnight by Lara Adrian. In these books you have warriors who fight (okay there's love in it, but also action, that counts right?).

10. A book that -made you happy/One that made you sad.
Almost evey book makes me happy, but one of the books that made me smile must be Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling. Hello?! We're talking about Harry Potter. I love the books and the movies and I'm proud to be a Ravenclaw and a Thunderbird! One of the books that made me really sad must be Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. It such a beautiful but also sad book! I cannot wait for the movie.


I hope this was interesting! See you in the next post! :)