July 20, 2017

Cruelty-free make-up

I'm not sure if you guys know but I love supporting cruelty-free make-up brands. There are a lot of YouTubers and bloggers that are supporting cruelty-free make-up brands too, 2 of them are JKissa and Evelina Forsell, and Sarah's Spark once made a video about how cruel her make-up bag is.

Cruelty-free make-up brands that I use: Essence, Catrice, Nyx, Wycon Cosmetics, Lush, Jeffree Star Cosmetics, Sleek, Max & More, Ardell, Gosh, KIKO, MUA and Primark. I have a lot of make-up from these brands and I enjoy buying from them because they're cruelty free.

I do use some non-cruelty-free make-up brands but I try to buy as much cruelty-free make-up as possible. The brands that I do own make-up from: Maybelline and Rimmel. The good thing is that I only own 4 products from Maybelline and Rimmel: 2 Maybelline lipsticks, 1 Rimmel lipstick and 1 Maybelline gel eyeliner. The sad part is that I always use this gel eyeliner, so I'm trying to find a good cruelty free one (if you know one, let me know!).

And brands I own that I'm not sure of whether they are cruelty free or not: 2B, BE Creative Make-up (not certified, but they claim that they are), Park Avenue and 3 lipsticks (one is lipstick from a pharmacy and the other 2 are ones I bought from AliExpress). And again, the good thing is that I don't own that much make-up from these brands.

Brands that I want to buy from that are cruelty free: Morphe, BH Cosmetics, e.l.f., XoBeauty, LA Splash, Shiro Cosmetics, Ofra Cosmetics, The Body Shop, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Colourpop, Kat Von D, Pixi and Wet'N'Wild.

Make-up brands that I will never ever buy from: M.A.C and L'Oréal. I want to mention these because when I discovered that these brands are testing on animals I didn't want to buy anything from them. When I buy make-up, it's most of the time not that expensive, and these 2 brands are. I know L'Oréal is not that expensive, but it's more expensive than my Nyx products, products that I LOVE and that are cruelty free.

Click here or here to check out what make-up brands are cruelty free, don't worry if a make-up brand isn't on one of these lists. It's always possible that they are not on this list because of a specific reason or just that the brand is on other cruelty-free lists. You can always check on the internet, for example: "Essence cruelty free" and most of the time you're directed to their own website where they state that they are cruelty free. And please, if you're against animal testing, sign this petition to stop animal testing!

I do want to note that I still use skincare and hair products that aren't cruelty free, but I'm looking for some good cruelty-free alternatives. Let me know whether you buy a lot of cruelty-free make-up and what your favourite cruelty-free make-up brand/product is! 🐰

No comments:

Post a Comment