Lush Sleepy Body Lotion | Review

Brand: Lush
Product: Sleepy Body Lotion 
Price: €11.95 for 95 gr
Rating: ★★★★

Review

I never heard of the Lush Sleepy Body Lotion until my sister sent me a blog post about someone trying out the body lotion. My sister knows that I have anxiety and due to my anxiety I’m a bad sleeper. It’s hard for me to fall asleep because I can’t stop thinking and thinking and thinking.

I have a friend, Sarah, who works at the Lush store in Antwerp and when I read the article, I immediately sent her a message about the Sleepy Body Lotion and asking how it really works. She told me some information about how it works and what kind of scent the body lotion has. She recommended stopping by the store to see if the texture of the body lotion was something for me and whether the lavender scent isn’t too much for me.


A few weeks later I stopped by the Lush store in Antwerp and Sarah was so kind and she explained everything again and massaged some body lotion on my hand. The lavender scent is really strong, but when you use a small amount, it’s not that strong. It’s even a nice scent. The texture takes a little while to dry, but it’s so pleasant on the skin. So after trying the body lotion out in the store, I just had to buy the Sleepy Body Lotion!

First I’m going to give some more product information for those who are interested.

The Sleepy Body Lotion is vegan and cruelty-free!
This ingredient list is from the Lush website!
So now more about the product and my opinion. I didn’t have high expectations because I thought it was just a good-smelling body lotion, but I was so wrong! I have a hard time falling asleep and now it’s somewhat easier. I really like the smell and the lavender makes me at ease. 

First I used a small amount on my hands, wrists and in my neck, that’s what Sarah’s recommended me. Later on I tried some more because I didn’t smell the lavender that much and I wanted more lavender. Now I use more on my hands, wrists (and a little on my arms) and neck, also a little underneath my nose so I can smell the lavender immediately. I love the lavender scent and I think I can’t live without it any more .


The Lush Body Lotion is my holy grail because now I don’t have that much trouble falling asleep. I do have to say that I still wake up in the middle of the night and then have a hard time falling asleep, but maybe I just need to reapply the body lotion and then everything’ll be okay. I’ll have to test that theory! I also have to say that it doesn’t always work. There still are some days that I struggle with sleeping, but it works most of the time.


Overall I love this product and I’m so happy that my sister found that blog post. I also want to thank Sarah for sending me all the information and helping me at the Lush store in Antwerp! You can always check out the Lush website and Sarah’s YouTube channel because she uses a lot of Lush products and loves talking about them!