Top 5 perfect red lipsticks for Christmas

I used to wear a lot of red lipsticks but these days I barely wore red lips. Most of the time it was just dark reds or metallic reds but never the bold red lips like I used to do. Since I made these Christmas/New Year’s make-up looks, I wore my Nyx Velvet Matte Lipstick in Volcano and now I have the red vibe again. I wanted to dedicate a whole blog post to red lips, so here we go!


1. Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Unicorn Blood
Unicorn Blood is the perfect red lip if you love dark lipsticks. I couldn’t not put a dark red lip in my Top 5. Unicorn Blood is a little harder to apply because it’s a dark red, but you can manage when you use a lip liner.

2. Nyx Liquid Suede Metallic Matte in Biker Babe
I love love love this lipstick! Biker Babe is the perfect dark red metallic lipstick. It’s not too much but the lipstick is still there. The Nyx Liquid Suede Metallic Matte range are such beautiful lipsticks and they turn completely matt.

3. Nyx Liquid Suede Metallic Matte in Modern Maven
Yes I know, another metallic lipstick BUT Modern Maven is such a beautiful metallic lipstick. If you compare it with Biker Babe, Modern Maven is more a brown red. I love the formula of the  Nyx Liquid Suede Metallic Matte lipsticks and I cannot wait to buy more of them.

4. Nyx Velvet Matte Lipstick in Volcano
I fell in love again with this lipstick because I used it in 3/4 Christmas/New Year’s make-up looks. I really like the feel of these Nyx Velvet Matte Lipsticks because you barely feel them on your lips and they are so beautiful.

5. Wycon Cosmetics Sugar Skull lipstick in Bloody Heart
I’m so sorry that this lipstick is from the 2016 Halloween collection, but I really love this lipstick. It’s a dark red but not too dark like the Jeffree Star Cosmetics one. This lipstick is so easy to work with and I love the pigmentation.

Let me know if there are other beautiful red lipsticks and I hope you liked this blog post! 🎄🌟