January wrap up


I feel like changing my entire wrap up style. I want to write more instead of just give you the little details about everything I read and watched this month. It feels like it would be more interesting if I wrote a little bit more.

In January I read a total of 14 books, I watched 44 episodes (TV shows) and I watched 1 movie. Read further to know what I read and watched this month!

Let’s start with books. I have a lot of ARCs to read so I was trying to catch up this month while studying for my exams. I had 6 exams in January so I couldn’t always read because these exams were so difficult! The first book that I read this month was Songs with Our Eyes Closed by Tyler Kent White. This was the first book that I’ve read by him and I fell in love with his writing. He’s such a good poet and I cannot wait to discover more of his work.

The second book that I read this month was Incrusted: Hiding the Demon Within by Annora Wilson. Annora kindly asked me to read and review her book and I just couldn’t say no. This book is such a fast-paced read about vampires, werewolves, witches and warlocks and I cannot wait to continue the series!

After having read Incrusted: Hiding the Demon Within, I read A Bargain in Silver by Josie Jaffrey which is another great vampire read. Josie Jaffrey send me an ARC copy and I read the book in one sitting. It was so good! This is the first book in a tetralogy and I cannot wait to read the sequels!


The next books that I read this month were two Harley Quinn comic books. I love reading the Harley Quinn 2016 series and this month I read issue #34 and #35. I love these comics because Harley Quinn is turning into a better person, yet still her crazy self.

I also read a beautiful book called A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard. A Quiet Kind of Thunder tells the story of a mute girl and a deaf boy. I’ve always been in love with sign language so this was a book for me. I love that in my edition you have images of sign language such as every letter of the alphabet and also every chapter, the number is printed as a sign. 




After A Quiet Kind of Thunder, I started reading in Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy written by 13 authors and 13 Booktubers. I rated each story separately and you can find my ratings in my Goodreads review. Overall I really liked it. 

Like I mentioned above, I was trying to catch up with all the ARCs I had to read. Besides the first three ARCs that I read this month, I also read Herding Cats by Sarah Andersen, Bloom by Beau Taplin, Collide by Nicole Sobon, How to Fix a Broken Heart by Guy Winch and I started reading V Games: Fresh From The Grave by Caroline Peckham.

I also read a short story called Prince of Flames by Ben Alderson, which is the prequel in The Dragori series, and I read If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout and wow! If There’s No Tomorrow is such a beautiful book and couldn’t help crying while reading it! After If There’s No Tomorrow, I was in a Jennifer L. Armentrout mood so I also started Opal, the third book in the Lux series.


Now a little more about the TV shows I watched. I’m not going to say how many episodes I watched because I think it wouldn’t be as interesting as just talking about the TV shows. I watched the last episode of season 3 and the new episodes of season 4 of DC Super Hero Girls, which is such a cute TV show. I also watched some episodes of season 3 and season 4 of Younger, which is one of my favourite TV shows! After Younger, my mum and I watched some episodes of season 3 of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, some episodes of season 3 of Sleepy Hollow and we started watching Gotham.

The TV show I was the most excited for this month was Riverdale. Riverdale has been one of my favourite shows and the second half of season 2 started back in January. The first episode of January, The Blackboard Jungle, was such a good episode. It felt like Riverdale didn’t really start great with season 2. I didn’t really like it that much, but episode The Blackboard Jungle was such a good comeback! I also watched the second episode this month and I really liked it as well!

And for movies, I watched Voldermort: Origins of the Heir – An unofficial fanfilm. Voldemort: Origins of the Heir is a fan-made movie from Tryangle Films. I was really excited to see this movie because Warner Bros gave Tryangle Films the green light to make the movie. I was so happy that there was going to be another Harry Potter movie, even though this isn’t an official one. Voldemort: Origins of the Heir was a good movie and I didn’t see the end coming. You can watch this movie on YouTube.